Best of Care’s Geriatric Care Management Services —Trustworthy. Compassionate. Reliable.
Best of Care’s Geriatric Care Management (GCM) services support Massachusetts elders’ well-being wherever they choose to age in place while providing peace of mind for their families. A geriatric care manager (GCM) is a certified professional who has expertise in the field of gerontology, sociology, or nursing and can assist elders and their families in supporting the elder’s life care goals.
We identify each family’s unique needs, develop a comprehensive care plan, and coordinate resources. The goal is to enhance the quality of life for both the senior and her or his family. Geriatric care managers can be especially helpful and supportive when family members reside far away and it becomes difficult to check in with their loved one from a distance.
Erin Kopecki, Manager of Geriatric Care Management Services, and Kevin Smith, President, and COO of Best of Care, understand the importance of providing the highest quality of care to clients who need thoughtful planning and ongoing support to manage their needs. By coordinating and managing services, they help reduce stress for seniors’ caregiving families.
A trained gerontologist, Erin has an MS in gerontology and management of aging services and a BA in gerontology. A certified geriatric care manager and a licensed nursing home administrator, she is a member of the Aging Life Care Association.
We serve the geriatric care management needs of families across Massachusetts, Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Here’s how we can help.
- Act as a liaison between family and client
- Act as a support system for both client and family
- Address emotional concerns
- Advocate for the client and his or her family
- Apply for senior entitlements (if eligible)
- Arrange and oversee support services and outside agencies
- Assist with legal needs
- Consult on insurance options
- Coordinate medical services
- Coordinate transportation needs
- Create short- and long-term care plans
- Discuss difficult topics and complex issues
- Evaluate alternative living options
- Evaluate in-home care needs
- Make home visits and suggest needed services
- Provide caregiver stress relief and education
- Provide ongoing monitoring
- Select and refer care personnel
- Call us at 800.310.5800 or email us to voice your concern about a loved one. For services on Nantucket, call 508.577.5057 or click here. Download this page.
- We will ask questions to understand how we can best assist you.
- Our Geriatric Care Manager (GCM) will request to meet with the client at his or her home. The GCM will complete assessments by asking questions of the client and family (at a separate time if necessary), assess the environment, and gather information from current providers if applicable.
- After the initial visit, the GCM will create a care plan, including recommendations, that will be reviewed with both client and family members.
- The GCM may also be hired to assist with carrying out the recommendations, immediately or in the future, as the client and family see fit.